Leggings

Winter is almost upon us, and whether or not you primarily don skirts or pants, staying warm is at the forefront of everyone's minds. There is not doubt about it, fleece lined legging and tights make our lives so much better. They keep our legs cozy against the wind and snow, but with so many options out there, I decided to do a little test. The first set of fleece lined tights, I purchased overseas, and they are fabulous. They are thick and heavy. They are lined with lots of fleece and they do not bunch at the knees or feel like they are sliding down. The issue are cost and accessibility. Unless you are in Korea, you have to special order these from G-Market. That makes these an out for most of us in the U.S.

The second set I got from my favorite clothing store: Maurices. I have them in black and heather gray. For the most part they do the trick.They are adequately fleeced and feel cozy, but they have a few flaws that leave me a bit dissatisfied. First things first, they are a bit on the thin side. They are designed to cover a wide range of sizes and heights, however, one size does not fit all. The size S/M is better suited for a woman who is 5'7" and 120 pounds. Not someone who is 5'2" and the same weight. They bunch at the knees and I often find myself adjusting that probably throughout the day. Price is about 12 dollars a pair. Not ideal, but it isn't outrageous either.
(Heather gray set not featured here).

The final set is from Wal-Mart. Normally, I tend to shy away from Wal-Mart clothing, because I have been nothing but disappointed with the low quality of the clothes. (Their shirts are thin, pill easily, and go thread bare after one wash). I would rather pay a bit extra for a better quality piece. That being said, I do tend to purchase my socks from there. They sell Hayne's socks for decent price. I decided to give their fleece lined tights a try. For five dollars a pop, I figured that it couldn't hurt to try. I purchased them in navy and chocolate. Like the Maurices fleece lined tights, they feel adequately lined with fleece. They are priced well and they fit very well. They don't bunch at the knees and they sit my natural waist. The downside is, like the set of tights from Maurices, they are thin. Stretched over my knees in the "crisscross apple sauce" position, I can see my skin. That bothers me and I worry about how they will fare in the wash.
(Please excuse the picture of my foot).

My verdict: In a perfect world, I would go for the G-Market tights any day. However, when push comes to shove, I give my vote to the Wal-Mart tights. They seem to have the same quality and feel as the name brand 12 dollar sets. If they fare well in the wash, then I will consider going back to pick up another couple of pairs in the coming weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts