Day Nineteen

It is never too late to share what you are thankful for. Today I am thankful for my Mexican students. Even though are time is almost up, they have worked so hard and I could have asked for a better group of students. Wednesday Night, they were required to attend a square dance club meeting. The concept was to do some culture sharing. They would teach the square dancers a few traditional dances from Mexico and they in turn would learn how to square dance. It was quite the evening.
Learning to Square Dance
Sharing a Traditional Song:
Leticia and Lesslie Preform the "Mexican Hat Dance":
A traditional wedding dance. The bride and groom stand up on chairs supported by a few friends, while guests hold hands, run around in a hectic pattern trying to knock the bride and groom off their chairs. According to my students, this version was tame, because it can get quite violent.
(My students were trying to convince me to join the activities, which I did. So much fun!)

Comments

Popular Posts