A Season of Thankfulness

1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Psalm 107:1 "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Ephesians 5:20 "Give thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
I don't know about you, but November has crept up on me. I find myself wondering what happened to summer and even October. As the das progress towards the Advent Season, I find myself getting increasingly busier. (I am deeply sorry for my absence these past couple of weeks.) As I gain more responsibilities at one job, I have found it necessary to leave another. In harried pace of my life, it is all to easy to get wrapped up in the here and now. With the barrage of Christmas advertisements and Christmas displays in stores, it is easy to forget to be grateful. It is easy to forget to be grateful every day, but for some reason, it seems easier to for get this time of year. As I peruse my social media sites, I've noticed a distinct lack of the traditional "30 days of Thankfulness" which used to be so popular. Even though I am five days behind, there is no time like the present to start.

November 1. I am thankful for my parents who have so wonderfully allowed me and continue to allow me to stay with them.

November 2. I am thankful for the years that I have spent working at Famous Footwear. Although retail can be a nightmare, my managers there have been wonderful and I will miss them.

November 3. I am thankful for my international students at LCSC. They have shown me what it means to have an open heart and a teachable spirit.

November 4. I am thankful for students and co workers who are flexible and patient.

November 5. Today, I am thankful for my dear friend J.J., who wears so many hats and despite her past and present health problems has always over come. She is an inspiration to me. I am grateful to call her friend. I am grateful that she is my sort of crazy and silly.

I challenge you all, who either follow or may stumble upon this post, to consider all that God has done for you and to give thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts