Days 11 and 12

Yesterday was spent waist deep in ungraded papers. I should never ever get behind in my grading ever again. For yesterday, I am grateful for free and productive afternoons. There is nothing quite like sitting in a low lit room with a candle, coffee, and watching my pile of ungraded papers dwindle. Yesterday was a bit depressing. Amongst those pile of papers, I discovered that several of my students had copied each other's homework, word for word. Every dot, comma, and misspelling. Talk to any teacher and you will know that one of the most heartbreaking things they face is catching students cheating.
For today, I am grateful for those students who work hard and do their own work, even if it isn't perfect or has the best score. It shows they are thinking and learning. For students like that I am incredibly grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts