Weekly Update

Here's a brief update on some of the outfits I have been wearing, more or less. I have made a few minor changes to the outfits posted but nothing too significant.

Saturday was an out with the family shopping day and Christmas Open House baking day. Yes, we start baking for our big Christmas Party now. We're expecting anywhere from 20 to 40 people at this party. We prepare now by baking 3 to 4 batches of various cookies and treats. That is not counting all of the savory morsels we cook up too. Anyway, on our shopping trip, I picked up a couple of neat items including a set of flannel snowflake bed sheets. Whoot! I wanted to look nice, for this out on the town kind of day.
I paired a thin striped 3/4 sleeve sweater with a grayish purple layering tank, denim skirt, black boots, a lavender head wrap, and hot pink bow earrings. When I did my outfit lay out on Friday night, I had paired my outfit with gray boots, but come Saturday I chose to swap out the gray for the black.

3/4 Sleeve Striped sweater: Maurice's
Grayish Purple Layering Tank: Maurice's
Denim Skirt: Junee's
Black Boots: Maurice's
Lavender Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace
Pink Bow Earrings: Claire's


Sunday: Oversized- October Style Challenge
Sunday's challenge was all about oversized items. The closest I could get to an oversized item was my purple bejeweled sweatshirt. The little rhinestones on the sleeves and around the collar added a nice flair to the sweatshirt, without making it look tacky. The Sweatshirt was a bit thin, so I layered it with a plum purple long sleeved tee. Then I added a long denim skirt and a pair of brown booties.


Monday: Teal and Ice Blue- October Style Challenge
I had a hard time deciding what on earth I would wear for Monday's challenge as I have a few items that would have worked incredibly well together. I narrowed my choices down to two options. The first was a deep teal cardigan worn over an arctic ice blue camisole with a lace bodice and a white skirt. However, after trying it on, I went for option number two. I paired a deep teal lace camisole with a teal layering tee, and an ice blue wrap front sweater with 3/4 sleeves. I wore a long white skirt, gray boots, gray scarf and an ice blue lace head wrap to top it all off. Honestly, I felt a tinsy bit like Elsa dressed like that.

Ice Blue Wrap Front Sweater: Maurice's
Teal Layering Tee: The Skirt Outlet
Deep Teal Lace Camisole: Maurice's
White Denim Skirt: Style J
Gray Boots: Famous Footwear
Ice Blue Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace
Gray Scarf: Maurice's

Option Number 1: What I didn't wear

Option number 2: What I actually wore

Tuesday: Blanket Scarves
Today's ensemble features a step back to day 17 of the style challenge. On Saturday, I finally purchased my first blanket scarf. Shopko had them on sale for 50% off! Whoot! I was so excited. So, I sifted through their remaining stock until I found this little gem. I also purchased a few tunic sweaters, 3/4 sleeves of course, which also happened to be 50% off. When I got home and laid out my little treasures I knew instantly I had the perfect outfit right before my eyes. I paired a pomegranate red tunic sweater with the navy and rose pink plaid blanket scarf, a gray skirt and gray boots. I layered a mulberry red tank underneath the tunic sweater for some added coverage and warmth.

3/4 Sleeve Pomegranate Tunic Sweater: Macy's
Mulberry Layering Tank: Maurice's
Blanket Scarf: Shopko
Gray Denim Skirt: The Skirt Outlet
Gray Boots: Famous Footwear

Comments

Popular Posts