How well do you eat?

I will leave you with one more thing for today. My friend, Virginia, got me thinking, when she told me: "Reading through the Bible and buzzing through a devotional does one as much good as flipping through a cookbook when you're hungry. Unless you are actively mixing, cooking, stirring, devouring, and digesting the ingredient, you won't be fed. Only when we are being fed can we commune with Jesus and hope to be like Him?"
This got me thinking: am I buzzing through my morning devotions and prayer time so I can get on with my day, or am I taking time to simmer in the scriptures and fully digest them? Am I eating well? If I cannot confidently answer "YES" to these questions, then my spiritual diet needs an overhaul.
So, my sisters (and brothers) how well do you eat?

Comments

Popular Posts