Keep Your Eyes on Him

Last night, as I lay in bed exhausted from two parties, one at work and one at church, I began to let my mind wander. I had seen a few disheartening posts via a couple of social media sites. As my mind began to focus on how the freedoms in our nation had begun to be whittled away, how now we all have to walk on egg shells, and ever last double standard, I cried out to God.
"Why? Why does it have to be like this? Why is that those who want tolerance are the last to give it? Why do we have to allow the government to tell us when it is socially acceptable to pray? Why is death and murder to prevalent? Why are we allowing ourselves to put up with this?"
In the midst of my exhausted and over caffeinated complaining, I felt the burden on my heart lift as God sort of smacked my face.
I heard Him tell me: "It is not your concern to get your fair share. It is your business to point others to me. Don't worry about what is going on around you. You look at Me. Keep your focus on Me."

This revelation, this command, as simple as it is has challenged me to reroute my thinking.

1. A servant's role. In our society, we are always after our fair share. Our time in the spotlight. We want to be in charge directing the ways of the world and they ways of our lives. Not so. That should not be our business. As servants of Christ, we must take on a servant's role. Step away from our worldly desires to be number one and get out fair share, to reaching out to the hurting and the lost of this world. We must be actively ministering and leading others to the Lord.

2. Keep your focus on the One who made you. When our eyes are focused on God. When we are actively devouring His word and truths. When we are actively listening and waiting for His commands and acting in immediate obedience, then the concerns of this world (mentioned in number 1) will not matter. Serving Christ and ministering to others will fall into place. God will direct us down these paths, as He has individually planned for us. It is our business to listen and obey.

My Dear Readers, keep your eyes on Him.

Comments

Popular Posts