How I Pack for an Overnight Trip and How to Dress for a Seven Hour Trip and Still Look Nice

As I mentioned in my last post, my colleagues and I are driving up to Seattle, WA for a work related conference. Seattle is an easy six to seven hour drive. We will head straight to the conference upon our arrival. Amongst all of the workshops are opportunities for teachers to network and meet with potential future employers. Thus, it is in our best interest to dress appropriately. How does one do this when they must spend the next seven hours in van? Keep it simple.
A great way to look professional and still be comfortable is to wear a very dark washed denim skirt. Something that doesn't hit the floor, that is too casual for the occasion, but knee length is the optimal length.
Wear a blouse that can be easily dressed up with the addition of an accessory.
Depending on your footwear, I recommend wearing nylons, or leggings. Since we're in Autumn, I would recommend wearing boots or booties. Maker sure these are neutral. Black and charcoal are often best.
Add an nice accent color either with a layering tank, or scarf.
Finally, find a blazer that looks nice, but can function like a jacket. Look for blazers with buttons and made of heavier fabric. This will keep you looking professional, trendy, and you'll still be comfortable for that long drive.


Packing is one of my favorite things to do. I love it. It is the anticipation of going somewhere. I have a few rules that I like to abide by when I pack.
1. Always pack toiletries in zip lock bags.


2. Keep toiletries separate by their groups. Shower stuff in one bag. hygiene in another. Hair in another.


3. Pack the necessities: Socks and other unmentionables.

4.Plan what you want to wear. Then back an extra set in case something happens.


5. The others. Bible, Devotional book, Diary, Pens, electronics and their chords.


6. Bring a good set of shoes (or two).

7. Put clothing at the bottom of the duffle bag or backpack. Put the toiletries on top or in a side pouch of your backpack. Put your electronic devices, chords, books and pens in a separate compartment.


If I keep to these steps, then I know I'll be ready to go and won't forget anything.

Comments

Popular Posts