Sweater Weather plus what I have been up to.

The weather has finally begun to cool down, but not enough to wear a regular length sweater. Thank goodness for short sleeved sweaters. I wanted to stick with fall colors, so I paired a pale yellow short sleeved sweater with a golden apricot, or golden rod, lace camisole. Getting into the spirit of the month, I finished off my outfit with a pair or haunted house earrings that I picked a while ago and the Owl Pharmacy. I think the look of pale yellow and golden rod balance each other out, adds dimension to the outfit, while keeping it looking simple and put together.



This week has been a wonderful week away from work, and I have had a ton of fun resting at home and working on some projects that have been unintentionally pushed to the wayside. The first project I have been working on is a gift for my mother based on a quilt pattern called "Chinese Puzzle." The lavender, pale green, and white match the colors of my parents room. With any luck it will be finished by Christmas. Here I am on the first of three borders, alternating between pale green and lavender.


The second project is a crochet project also based on a quilt pattern called "Giant Dahlia." The recommended colors were purple or blue. However, I found a pattern on Pinterest which used Autumn colors. Inspired, I found similar yarn colors to match the Pinterest pattern. Unlike my mother's gift, this project still has a ways to go.


Both blankets will be big enough to fit a queen sized bed once they are finished.

Comments

Popular Posts