Three Days of Halloween Theme

Wanting to be a bit festive, but not entirely gun-ho on the holiday, I worked my way through a few Halloween and pumpkin inspired outfits over the past few days. The central color I made the focal point of my outfits was orange, naturally, then I pared various complementary colors and seasonal neutrals alongside it.

Thursday: The Pumpkin Patch.
If I had to rank my outfits over the past three days, this one would come in at number two. It is Autumn inspired to the core, but not overly so. It is also semi-casual making it great for work and play. I paired pumpkin orange with a forest green. I offset the green and orange with earth tones like nutmeg and dark brown.

Pumpkin Orange Long Sleeve Tee: Maurice's
Forest Green Layering Tank: Maurice's
Brown Cardigan: Maurice's
Dark Brown Skirt: thrifted-Ebay
Brown Booties: Famous Footwear
Nutmeg Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace



Friday: Orange, Black and White.
Yesterday was party day. At work we immersed our International students in their first ever Halloween party. We held a cupcake walk, played pin the grin on the pumpkin, a ping pong ball toss, and a fork and knife present game (students have to cut open a thickly wrapped present using only a plastic fork and knife. It's loads of fun). Students and staff were encouraged to dress up. Not being one to want to dress up, I chose to wear some traditional Halloween colors. The colors of black, orange and white, translated well and made it easy for me to go straight from work the Children's Harvest Party at church. The Kiddo's also played pin the grin, musical chairs in the dark, pumpkin bowling, and a marshmallow toss. We also let them make mouths out of marshmallows and apples (thanks Pinterest) and decorate their own cupcakes.

Silver Gray Cardigan: Maurice's
Orange Layering Tee: JCP
Black Lace Camisole: Maurice's
White Denim Skirt: Style J
Black Tights: Gift from a former Co-Teacher, Kim Tae-Ran
Black Boots: Maurice's
Halloween House Earrings: The Owl Pharmacy and Gift Shop
Black Lace Head Wrap: Claire's

(featuring my darling kitten, Abby)

Saturday: Black and Orange.
If I had to rank this one, it would win first prize. It is casual and comfortable. Furthermore, since I wanted to feel festive on the actual day of Halloween, without dressing up, I paired two of the most traditional colors with a very comfortable denim skirt. Easy-peasy.

Pumpkin Orange Lace Camisole: Maurice's
Pumpkin Orange 3/4 Sleeve Tee: Jade Mackenzie
Black Lace Elbow Tee: Maurice's
Ethnic Print and Fringe Denim Skirt: Style J

Comments

Popular Posts