Fall Colored Denim: Quetzal Green



As I was researching fall colors and trends for this year, I was thrilled to see queztel green on the board for fall 2018. I love teal and this deep teal is right up my alley. Queztel green takes its inspiration not from peacocks, like I had originally assumed, but from a the plumage of a bird from Mexico. It’s name: Queztel. You can pair a lot with queztel green and there are no style limits with this amazing fall color. It’s the perfect fall and winter shade.




1.Neutrals. Since its fall, I wanted to keep my neutrals in harmony with the tone of queztel and with the season. I love the look of black and white with this intense shade of teal, and I also love the look of charcoal and rust with it is a well.
I stuck to black and white in this outfit. A black lace yoke blouse over a white layering tank it effortless and chic. The outfit is complete with a pair of black opaque tights and black faux suede booties.




2.Seasonal Color Trends. I took all of my color pairing cues from Patone’s fall/winter color report this year. Queztel is designed to look fabulous with each of the colors selected in the report. However, my favorites are Ceylon yellow and ultra violet. Veering away from the Pantone report, I also love pinks with queztel like peach.
With this outfit, I paired quetzal with a quiet gray sweater and a white scarf dotted with faux pearls. I added a pair of peacock flats to play up the color the skirt.





3.Metallics. I love a bit of sparkle and metallics are the perfect place to find them. This burbon colored tee with gold thread is the perfect texture and color contrast for this color. I also love a bit of unexpected shimmer in a scarf or pair of shoes like these purple fish scale shoes.
I kept my color palate in the fall range by mixing textures with this bourbon shimmer tee and brown faux leather jacket. I completed the outfit with a pair of faux leather brown boots.





4.Prints and Patterns. Patterns and prints allow you to make a statement with your outfit. Which is what I was after here. I wanted my shoes to take center stage. So I kept the rest of my outfit simple. Another way to add pattern and print is with a jacket, scarf or purse.
This outfit is all cute. It's all girl and it's all fall. I paired a pale pink printed blouse under a lightweight mustard yellow jacket. I added a cinnamon colored head band and a pair of faux leather boots to complete the outfit.


Comments

Popular Posts