Colored Denim Skirts: Almond Buff



This neutral is a close relative of khaki. It’s light and soft and reminiscent of untoasted almonds. I also like this color as a khaki replacement. Not an alternative, but as a replacement. Although a shade darker than khaki, it vaguly looks it from a distance. Almond buff is the perfect year round neutral and the perfect neutral to transition from summer to fall. Instead of doing my usual list of ways to style this skirt, I wanted to focus on various outfit types and situation in which to wear this color.



1.Work. When I look at this color, I immediately see it in the work place. I kept the look modern and classic here with a navy blue polka dot tie neck blouse, and black lace flats.


2.Running errands. Almond buff is amazingly transitional from work to running errands. I paired it with a classic striped tee in a mauve-purple. The fabric is a brush knit making it super soft and super comfortable. Then I added a pair of dark faux suede flats.



3.The County Fair. Fall time is fair time. I love going to the fair and this year I went with my brother and sister-in-law. I wanted to steer away from the stereotypical plaid button down shirt for a fair outfit. I still wanted something fun and festive to wear. So, I paired it with a white tee under a blue geometric print tank top and a pair of super comfortable denim buckle flats.



4.Parties. I like the unexpectedness of almond buff at a party. It doesn’t come across as a party color. Normally we go for metallics or dark neutrals. Lighter neutrals are often unexpected. I love almond buff paired with forest green and black. I styled this skirt with a forest green chiffon blouse and a pair of black booties and a black clutch.

Comments

Popular Posts