Fall Bakes: Pumpkin Spice Latte



Some people have hunting season, others football season, and others still pumpkin spice season. The most popular and one of my favorite seasonal drinks is the pumpkin spice latte. However, I don’t have 5 dollars to spend on coffee most weeks. Normally, I brew my own coffee at home and drink it black. Specialty drinks are a one off, a treat. Loving, pumpkin spice but not the price, and loving baking, I wanted to make my own.
I looked over several recipes, and discovered this one on pinterest. So, I gave it a whirl.
I love it and I love it so much that I wanted to share it with you too.

Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup milk.
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon sugar
½ tsp pumpkin spice mix
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼-1/2 cup hot strong brewed coffee

Brew your coffee. While the coffee is brewing mix your milk, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract in a microwave safe bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and cut a small vent in the top. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
With a wire whisk or a hand mixer, whisk the milk mixture until the milk is foamy. About 30-45 seconds.

Pour a ¼ cup to ½ cup of coffee into a mug or two mugs. (This serves two). Divide the foam milk mixture between the two mugs. Top with whip cream and a sprinkling of pumpkin spice, if you want to.

Comments

Popular Posts