Colored Denim Skirts: Champagne



Champagne is the ultimate indicator of luxury, indulgence, and status. It is terribly expensive and often consumed by the ultra-rich. For those of us who don’t drink alcohol, or have the money to afford champagne, there’s martinelli. I digress. About a month or so ago, I stumbled up on seventwo denim, and was shocked at their high prices, until recently when I stumbled upon their outlet store and found the same skirts at a more affordable price. I took a chance and purchased the champagne denim skirt. At 60% off the original price, I knew this was my chance. What I want to focus on here is the color and feel of this champagne denim skirt. It’s a light gold hue with loads of sparkles. Right up my alley. It screams elegant, special, and ultra-feminine. As Imogen Lambert of Insideoutstyleblog.com would say, the skirt is the hero piece. It is the focal point of the entire outfit. When styling this amazing skirt, I didn’t want to pair it with tops that would compete with the sparkle and elegance of the skirt, so I left out patterned tops. You can’t have two hero pieces competing with one another in this case. This skirt is going to be all about the colors and accessories paired with it. From the hair pieces to the coats, from the tops to the shoes.



1.Neutrals. Neutrals go with everything and they go particularly well a metallic like this champagne denim skirt. My particular preferences lean towards black, navy cream, charcoal, taupe, and coffee bean. You can mix your metallics, but with a metallic skirt like this one, keep your other metallics minimal; a pair of shoes, a scarf, a headband, etc.
I love the look of this outfit for the holidays. The black sweater creates a classic, timeless look especially when paired with these gold hued flats, black clutch and buffalo check head band.



2.Jewel tones. Jewel tones are the perfect tone for this skirt, it matures it, but also makes it party worthy during fall and winter. However, jewel tones work well with this skirt color all year round. Just pick your jewel tones accordingly for the season. Think in colors of emerald, deep teal, burgundy, eggplant, raspberry, slate blue and deep mauve.
Burgundy is my go to jewel tone and when paired with this champagne skirt is absolutely divine. I kept the rest of my accessories in step with my sweater.


3.Brights. For spring and summer brights can add a spark of summer fun. Shades of rose pink, cherry, salmon, coral, and tropical teal all harken to the vibrancy of summer.
I love the look of peach with champagne it lightens up the look of the skirt from the darker hues of winter and the classic look of black. I added a soft pink lace headwrap and a pair of faux suede flats with from a slightly more casual appearance.



4.Pastels. Pastels can act as wonderful supporting act to champagne. Think spring time weddings in palates dusty pink, mint, seafoam green, lilac, blush, and pale yellow.
Pastels work well for both dressier and casual occasions. I kept this outfit as a dressy casual with this slate blue sweater and a pair of gray tweed flats, and a matching champagne clutch.


5.Jackets.Depending upon their fabric type and color, can dress up or dress down this gorgeous denim skirt. A burgundy or black peacoat dresses up the skirt, perfect for a cold evening out. A dark wash denim jacket with plain tee (in a modern cut of course) dresses it down.
Versatile outfit pieces are necessary in every wardrobe. Being able to dress up or dress down this skirt is essential. I achieved this particular casual look by pairing a white blouse with a dark wash denim jacket and a pair of faux suede flats.

Comments

Popular Posts