Favorite Christmas Movies



Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is time to haul out the holly and set up the tree. I love decorating for Christmas, and I love to decorate while either listening to Christmas music or watching a Christmas movie. Growing up, my family had a tradition where we would each pick our favorite Christmas movie, and we would watch them on Christmas Eve. We each have our favorite Christmas movies that hold a special place in our hearts, and Christmas wouldn’t be the same without seeing them at least once. Below, I have curated a list of my favorite Christmas movies.

1.A Muppets Christmas Carol. This has been my all time favorite Christmas movie since I was four years old. I love the muppets and I love their rendition of Charles Dickens’ classic tale.



2.A Charlie Brown Christmas. This classic Christmas movie has been a family favorite for years. And Honestly, I probably watch this movie at least twice during the Christmas Season.



3.National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. This movie another one that I will watch multiple times during the Christmas season. It’s funny, dysfunctional, and showcases the less than perfect family Christmas.




4.1966 How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I only like the 1966 version. It’s a classic. No matter how many renditions Hollywood can put out of this Dr. Seuss Christmas tale, No one will ever be able to tell the story or sing the Main theme song quite like Thurl Ravenscroft and Boris Karloff.



5.How the Flintstone’s Saved Christmas. Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble to the rescue! This is my Dad’s favorite Christmas movie and the one he picked every Christmas Eve. We had it on VHS for years, until VHS became obsolete. We then had to search high and low to find a modern digital copy and when we did, there was much rejoicing.



6.Rick Steves’ European Christmas. So, this technically isn’t a Christmas Movie. My family and I discovered his PBS program a couple of years ago. In the 2 hour program, Rick Steeves shares the cultural differences and similarities amongst 7 European Counties: England, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and Norway. While it may not be a movie per say it is a must watch.

Comments

Popular Posts