Favorite Winter Work Outfits

While most get to take the holiday season off, for a time, not all of us do. For those of us still out it in the work-a-day world, its time to don our sweaters and fleece lined tights. I have noticed that there is a tendency to gravitate towards black during the winter months as a staple of many working wardrobes. Black is not the end all be all of the winter work wardrobe. It’s a great neutral and should accent your wardrobe and take center stage every now and again. I love these work outfits I wore this season. While there is black, black plays a supporting role to the colors I wanted to feature.


1.Faux leather. You may remember this outfit from a previous post on textures and styling leather skirts. Yes, I do love this outfit. It features a forest green faux leather skirt, a shimmery silver gray layering tank under a navy blue ruched front sweater, gray tweed flats, and a white jacket.




2.Cobalt. Cobalt or Royal blue is a deep strong blue that cannot go unnoticed. I wanted it to be focal point of the outfit. So I paired my cobalt denim skirt with a black blouse with a pearl neckline, black tights, and black flats. To add some depth to the outfit, I added a white scarf with pearl beading.





3.Camel. This beautiful hue of brown is the perfect neutral for fall and winter. I especially love this camel denim skirt paired with a button down plaid blouse, white shimmer scarf, and faux leather brown boots. It’s the perfect outfit for a casual day at work.




4.Holly Red. Red is perfect for work, especially at Christmastime. I love the look of this flat front holly red, or Christmas red, denim skirt with a white blouse speckled with a gold flecks, and black velvet flats. For a touch of sophistication add some pearl hair pins do your hairstyle.



5.Black and Red. I love the sophisticated nature of a black skirt with a burgundy blouse. The combination of this black denim skirt with a burgundy lace yoke blouse hits the right chord. Topped with a white shimmer scarf and black boots, this is the perfect outfit to jumpstart the work week.

Comments

Popular Posts