Colored Denim Skirts: Lavender Denim



Lavender is the softest hue of the 2018 color of the year: Ultra Violet. Lavender is often associated with spring, hence it’s place on the pantone spring color palette. However, this cool soft tint of violet is perfect for winter as well. It provides a soft feminine contrast to the deep rich shades of winter. Lavender as a spring time scent and flavor pairs well with lemon. It is light, fresh, and crisp. Absolutely perfect for spring.


1.Neutrals. Coming to the end of summer and beginning of autumn, I wanted to maintain the lightness and freshness of lavender. For spring and summer I paired lavender with white and light gray. To ease this violet tint into winter, I paired lavender with navy and charcoal gray.

Outfit 1: For this first outfit, I took a white embroidered blouse and added a raspberry scarf. I completed the outfit with a pair of purple shimmer flats.


Outfit 2: Taupe is a sweet neutral that I love paired with lavender. As a form of ultra softened brown I played that up with a pair of brown faux suede flats. I completed the outfit with a burgundy cross body bag.



Outfit 3: Navy blue pairs well with lavender, especially if that navy blue plays along the lines of being a French Navy. I played up the purple of my lavender skirt with these red velvet flats and floral clutch.



2.Colors. Color adds spice and interest to an outfit, and pairing the right colors with lavender is easy peasy. For a complimentary outfit, I paired light yellow or lemon yellow with lavender. For split complimentary I added light orange, like soft pale tangerine, and a light lime green. For a triadic look, I paired lavender with sherbet or mint green and pale orange. For something a bit more analogus try lavender with various pinks and blues.

Outfit #1: I played up the softness of lavender with a super cuddly very comfy pale pink drape neck sweater. Then I added gray nearly tweed flats and a pink plaid scarf for good measure.





Outfit#2: I love the contrast of brights with lavender and this mojito green short sleeve sweater is the perfect bright to ease into this color combination. To anchor the outfit, I added a pair of denim buckle flats. Then I added a mango orange printed lace scarf for an unexpected twist.




3.Metallics. I love sparkle. Metallics and sequins in silver and champagne work wonderfully with lavender. Many metallic that I work with are often found in accessories, but for this one outfit that I created, I wanted the shimmer to take center stage. I paired my lavender denim skirt with a silver blouse with pale pink metallic threads. I played up that shimmer with a pair of silver sequin shoes. I completed the outfit with a floral clutch.




4.Prints and Patterns. Prints and patterns add character to and outfit, much like metallics and colors do. When pairing prints and patterns with lavender mix it up. Go for classics like stripes in navy or spring/winter florals. For something a bit wild or untraditional go for abstract or geometric prints, animal prints, or unexpected prints like cameras, or unicorns.

Outfit #1. Nothing is sweeter or more feminine than pink and purple. I love the softness and gentleness of lavender and pastel pink. This pastel pink abstract pink blouse adds just the right touch of maturity and visual interest. The raspberry scarf ties it all together while the tan lace up flats anchors the outfit.



Outfit #2. This outfit plays up casual sophistication with a black and tan heart print blouse (perfect for Valentine's Day) and adds some glam with these pointed toe champagne shimmer flats. The outfit is complete with a raspberry scarf.



Outfit #3. Leopard print blouses paired with colored denim has been on trend this past year. I love the allure of leopard with lavender and these black lace flats add just the right touch to complete the outfit.



Outfit #4. A causal day at work or at home is made easy with this navy blue paper airplane print tie neck blouse. The navy striped boat shoes adds just the right combination to complete and make the outfit interesting.



Outfit #5. Purple on purple is fun and easy to do when you have a great print to work with. I especially love this purple floral blouse paired with my lavender denim skirt. It's just the right amount of feminine and sweet without being overdone. The silver sequin flats and the burgundy cross body bag anchor the outfit perfectly.


Comments

Popular Posts