Casual Valentine's Day Outfits



Valentine’s Day is less than a month away. While many will be out searching for the perfect date outfit, I wanted to focus on something fun this year. I wanted to place my focus on Valentine’s Day outfits that you can wear at home or at work, without feeling the pressure to get all dolled up. So saunter to your wardrobe with your favorite drink or treat, and let’s get ready for an easy, causal Valentine’s Day.

Red Denim. I stuck with the basic colors of Valentine’s Day and built my outfits from there. The most common color we think of for this lovey-dovey holiday is red. Red is, after all, the color of love and passion. I created three very simple outfits using the same red denim skirt.


1.Shimmer. I love shimmer and shine no matter what time of year it is. For this outfit, I paired this white blouse with flecks of gold with my red denim skirt, a champagne clutch and a pair of tan lace up flats.



2.Pink. Red and pink go well together, and when anchored with black it’s perfect for the work place. I completed the outfit with a pink plaid scarf and black lace flats.




3.Hearts. You have to have hearts on Valentine’s Day. This pink and navy cold shoulder blouse is the perfect blouse to offset the boldness of the red denim skirt. I played up those pink hues by mixing prints with the floral clutch and anchored the outfit with gray flats.



Pink. Pink is the second most common color for Valentine’s Day. While I mainly stuck with a soft bubblegum pink, I also played around with a hot pink for something amazing and unexpected.

1.Lavender. Soft pinks like bubblegum pair well with other soft colors. This lavender lace blouse pays homage to Valentine’s Day without being over the top. The outfit is anchored with gray flats and a burgundy faux leather cross body bags tones the outfit down.


2.Graphic sweater. A burgundy-esque sweater with a love/heart graphic is perfect for valentine’s day. With silver sequin flats and a white shimmer scarf, you’re good to go.




3.Tie neck blouse. A tie neck blouse is a great way to add a touch of professionalism to your wardrobe. This burgundy blouse is the perfect color for Valentine’s Day but the swallow print adds a touch of whimsy. I completed this outfit with a burgundy cross body bag and red velvet flats.




4.Purple. Hot pink and royal purple go hand in hand together and are a festive combination without looking too obvious. I added a gray lace bodice layering tank for some added modesty with the wrap front purple sweater. I played up purple with a pair of purple shimmer flats and then added a champagne clutch.




Purple. Purple is the perfect color for Valentine’s Day, but not necessarily the most obvious choice. Here, I played around with three shades of purple: orchid, true purple and lavender.

1.True Purple. I wanted to keep this one simple and easy. So I paired this true purple denim skirt with a silver shimmer blouse and a pair of black velvet flats. I completed the outfit with a lavender scarf.




2.Orchid. Orchid tends to be a bit richer than true purple and I wanted to play that up by making it the focus of the outfit. I paired with an embellished white blouse and adding faux suede pink sling back flats and a floral clutch.



3.Lavender. A more recent purchase (that I am so stoked to share with you in another post), I have fallen in love with this gentle feminine hue of purple. I played this up by pairing a sweet grape purple lace layering tank and plum purple lace blouse and soft pink floral flats. I continued with this color palate by adding a burgundy faux leather cross body bag.


Comments

Popular Posts