#thisorthataprilremix Week 1- Brights or Pastels


With the start of a new month comes another Instagram style challenge. This time it is a bit different. Instead of having one for every day, we have a weekly topic. This past week, was all about those brights or pastels (or both).

Monday 4/4-Brights. On Monday I chose brights by paring a royal blue 3/4 sleeve sweater with a bright sea green lace camisole. I toned it down with navy shoes, a navy head wrap, and a khaki skirt.
Here's what I wore:
Royal Blue 3/4 Sleeve Sweater: Maurice's
Bright Sea Green Lace Camisole: Maurice's
Khaki Skirt: Style J
Navy Shoes: Gift
Navy Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace




Tuesday 4/5-Brights and Pastels. I mixed both color palettes for today's outfit. I layered a soft peach tee under a bright grapefruit pink pleated tank. I completed the look with a pastel cactus flower cardigan and a soft rose head wrap. I tied it all together with a gray skirt and gray shoes.
Here's what I wore:
Peach Layering Tee: JCP
Grapefruit Pleated Tank: Maurice's
Cactus Flower Cardigan: Maurice's
Gray Skirt: Style J
Gray Shoes: Maurice's
Soft Rose Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace



Wednesday 4/6- Brights. Wednesday's outfit was all about the bright coral denim skirt. With my skirt as the focal point of my outfit, I paired it with a charcoal layering tee, a lace peplum blouse, gray shoes, and a blue-ish gray head wrap.
Here's what I wore:
Charcoal Layering Tee: The Skirt Outlet
Gray Lace Peplum Blouse: Maurice's
Coral Denim Skirt: Jade Mackenzie
Gray Shoes: Maurice's
Blue/Gray Head Wrap" Garlands of Grace



Thursday 4/7-Brights and Pastels. This outfit paired royal blue with ice blue. I did this by layering an ice blue lace bodice camisole with a royal blue Victorian ruffle blouse. I off set it with a shimmery black denim skirt, navy shoes, and a cornflower blue lace head wrap.
Here's what I wore:
Royal Blue Victorian Ruffle Blouse: Maurice's
Ice Blue Lace Bodice Camisole: Maurice's
Shimmery Black Denim Skirt: Style J
Navy Shoes: Gift
Cornflower Blue Lace Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace



Friday 4/8- Brights! I was so excited about yesterday's outfit. I even gave it a name. I called it the Strawberry Limeade. I color blocked two neon colors: Fuchsia and Citrus. I paired a 3/4 sleeve fuchsia tee with a limeade lace camisole. I originally topped it off with a lightening bug (or citrus) colored cardigan, but eventually got rid of it because it was just too hot to wear. I completed the ensemble with a black fringed denim skirt and a fuchsia head wrap.
Here's what I wore:
Fuchsia 3/4 Sleeve Tee: Jade Mackenzie
Limeade Lace Camisole: Maurice's
Lightening Bug Cardigan: Maurice's
Black Fringe Denim Skirt: Style J
Gray Shoes: Maurice's
Fuchsia Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace



Next week is all about the patterns, the textures, or the combination of the two!


Comments

Popular Posts