April This or That Remix Week 2: Patterns or Texture

Week two of the #aprilthisorthatremix was all about the patterns, textures, or both. This one was a bit of a stretch for me, since patterned and textured blouses, skirts, and jackets don't really fit into my wardrobe and personal style. I dug down deep into my creativity and into my wardrobe to come up with these little beauties.

Monday 4/11- Beaded neckline. I went with texture, and maybe some pattern, with a summer tank top I've had for some time now. I layered the tank top over a black layering tee and under a matching tropical teal cardigan. I completed the ensemble with a shimmery black skirt, black shoes and a jade head wrap.
Here's what I wore:
Beaded Tank: Maurice's
Black Layering Tee: JCP
Tropical Teal Cardigan: Maurice's
Shimmer Black Denim Skirt: Style J
Black Flats: Borrowed from my Mother
Jade Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace




Tuesday 4/12- Patterns and Texture. This outfit was great transitional outfit for me, from work, to an job interview at the local library. (Which I thought went quite well. Lord willing I'll get the job). The outfit featured is what I wore to work before my interview. I wore a white layering tee under a floral print pleated tank and my waffle textured navy blue jacket. I completed my outfit with a navy blue head wrap, khaki skirt, and faux leather flats. For my job interview I changed out my khaki skirt to the black shimmer skirt I wore the day before and the black flats as well.
Here's what I wore:
Floral Print Pleated Tank: Maurice's
White Layering Tee: JCP
Waffle Texture 3/4 Sleeve Jacket: Jade Mackenzie
Khaki Skirt: Style J
Faux Leather Shoes: Gift
Navy Blue Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace



Wednesday 4/13- Patterns. Floral Print! Spring has been all about the floral print and I have fallen hook line and sinker for some of these cute tops. This one is no exception. I based my entire outfit around this outfit. I wore this vibrant floral print 3/4 sleeve tee from Jade Mackenzie with my teal/emerald green denim skirt also from Jade Mackenzie. When I completed the outfit with my jade head wrap. I originally was going to wear my faux leather flats, but changed them out for my new pair of sneaker flats by rocket dog.
Here's what I wore:
Floral Print 3/4 Sleeve Tee: Jade Mackenzie
Emerald Green Denim Skirt: Jade Mackenzie
Rocket Dog Sneaker Flats: Famous Footwear
Jade Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace




Thursday 4/14- Pattern and textures. I decided that instead of doing an outfit post for this day, I would make the focus my style challenge submission my button head wrap, which I think had the best of both options. This head wrap is a gorgeous spring green floral print with slight ruffles on either side of dark green velvet ribbon which is used to tie around the back of the head. It is accent with three lovely buttons just off to the side. While most of my head wraps are plain, this head wrap has me smitten and is quickly becoming one of my favorites.





Friday 4/15- Patterns. Yesterday's outfit was both work appropriate and comfortable. I wore a peach layering tee under a cactus flower and lavender bandana print pleated tank and lavender cardigan. When completed my ensemble with a pair of boho chic sandals, a lavender lace head wrap and an olive green skirt.
Here's what I work:
Bandana Print Pleated Tank: Maurice's
Lavender Cardigan: Maurice's
Peach Layering Tee: JCP
Olive Green Skirt: Thrifted
Boho Chic Sandals: Gift
Lavender Lace Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace


Next week's challenge is called pants or skirt, but since I'm a skirt girl, well I'm getting creative with some of my favorite skirts. I can't hardly wait!

Comments

Popular Posts