April Remix Week 3: All About Those Skirts

If there is one thing I love about my style it is that I am a "skirt girl" through and through. While I have been questioned, mocked, and even had people roll their eyes at me, for the way that I dress, I wouldn't change a thing about it. This week's challenge was titled "pants or skirt." I took every opportunity to show that dressing modestly and with feminine grace is just as easy as dressing according to the society's standards. Modesty and trendy can go together.

Monday 4/18- Almond Gingham and Pastel Blue. My skirt, the Southern Flare Skirt, was from Dainty Jewels and my pastel blue short sleeved sweater was from Maurice's. You can read the review of the Southern Flare Skirt in my most previous post.

Here's what I wore:
Southern Flare Skirt: Dainty Jewells
Pastel Blue Short Sleeved Sweater: Maurice's
Pastel Blue Layering Tank: Maurice's
Faux Leather Shoes: Free
Corn Flower Blue Lace Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace



Tuesday 4/19- Black and White Stripes. I paired my black and white striped skirt from Jade Mackenzie Apparel with a Royal Blue short sleeved sweater, sliver sequin shoes, and an indigo head wrap.

Here's what I wore:
Black and White Striped Skirt: Jade Mackenzie
Royal Blue Short Sleeved Sweater: Maurice's
Silver Sequin Shoes: Jelly Pop, via Amazon.com
Indigo Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace



Wednesday 4/20- Black and Neon. I enjoyed putting this outfit together. I paired my black shimmer skirt from Style J with a bright citrus green layering tee and a neon printed, pleated tank. I completed the ensemble with a pair of sneaker flats, a rustic green twist head wrap, and the sass coming from my cat, Abby.

Here's what I wore:
Black Shimmer Denim Skirt: Style J
Citrus Green Layering Tee: The Skirt Outlet
Neon Printed Pleated Tank: Maurice's
Rustic Green Twist Head Wrap: Garlands of Grace
Sneaker Flats: Famous Footwear




Thursday 4/21- Coral Denim. Thursday was a whopping 84 degrees. That's a record high for the month of April here in Idaho. In order to beat the heat, I went with a coral denim skirt from Jade Mackenzie Apparel. I paired it with a muted sea foam green layering tee, a mint ethnic print pleated tank, and my faux leather flats. For my head wrap I combined two: my rustic Victorian blue and my cornflower blue lace. I layered them over each other in a criss-cross pattern.

Here's what I wore:
Coral Denim Skirt: Jade Mackenzie
Sea Foam Green Layering Tee: JCP
Mint Ethnic Print Pleated Tank: Maurice's
Blue Head Wraps: Garlands of Grace
Faux Leather Flats: Free




Friday 4/22- Boho Chic and Hot Pink. Casual Friday at work is one of my favorite days, because we are literally allowed to wear whatever we want, within reason. Normally, my colleagues and I always go for denim/jeans, and t-shirts. Since yesterday was a bit cooler than Thursday, by about 14 degrees, I opted for a heavier denim skirt. What I love about this Style J skirt are the four inverted v panels outlined with fringe and the ethnic print decal on the side. I completed my ethnic print them with a hot pink dolman style t shirt and a hot pink layering tank. I continued with my criss-cross pattern them with a charcoal head wrap and a hot pink lace head wrap. I completed my outfit with my faux leather flats.

Here's what I wore:
Boho Chic Denim Skirt: Style J
Hot Pink Ethnic Print Tee: Maurice's
Hot Pink Layering Tank: Maurice's
Head Wraps: Garlands of Grace
Faux Leather Flats: Free




I had so much fun with this week's challenge. Next week is the last week and it is all about sandals and things you can drape around your neck.

Comments

Popular Posts