Christmas Party Outfit Ideas


Christmas time is here! One of my favorite parts of Christmas, besides the traditions, is getting all dressed up. Even for someone as casual as myself, I love getting all dolled up for a Christmas Pageant, theater outing, or party. There is something wonderful about dressing up for Christmas than there is for any other occasion. My creative juices have been flowing, and I am super excited to share with you my favorite Christmas party outfit ideas.

1 Sequins. How can you not love something sparkly at Christmas? Ornaments, lights, and moonlight on snow, shouldn’t be the only thing that glistens. Add some sparkle to your party attire. This outfit takes its entire inspiration from Pinterest. The sequin skirt, the plaid, the sweater. It’s seasonally chic and ultra feminine.





2.Champagne. Pop. Fizz. I love the subtle gold hue of champagne. It’s festive, hot, and gorgeous. Yes, champagne is definitely a color that you want to add to your holiday party attire, whether in a handbag, shoes, or skirt. I’ve added it to a skirt and paired it with a black peplum blouse covered in a woven brocade inspired pattern, tights, and a pair of black booties. To accessorize, I added this sweet pearl hair pins and a black woven clutch for good measure.





3.Embellishments. A blouse is just a blouse until you add some embellishments. Then it becomes something just a little bit extra. For a dressy casual take on a Christmas party outfit, pair a blouse with embellishment at the neck line. This could be sequins, beading, lace, or velvet. Then add a dark wash denim skirt- casual but smart- finally add some sequin shoes, a fantastic handbag and an even greater jacket.




4.Velvet. Velvet is the hot must have trendy fabric this year. So, up your party attire with a fabulous velvet skirt. I love this outfit from the Inherit Clothing Company in Minnesota. The forest green blouse, the black velvet skirt; it all says Christmas and luxury.




5.Sequins. Christmas is a time for sparkle. I love the look of lights on snow and Christmas tree lights in the dark. Its absolutely beautiful. That’s where I took my inspiration. This sequin green blouse, thrifted from poshmark, pairs perfectly with a creamy white jacket, dark wash denim skirt, and gray tweed flats. To accessorize, I added a black wicker inspired clutch bag.


Comments

Popular Posts