Nifty Neutrals: Navy

I like navy blue. Scratch that, I adore navy blue. It is the premier pseudo neutral around and nothing gets better than that. This means that navy can be the back drop of your outfit, or it can be the focal color. So many possibilities abound with navy blue. With so many options with navy, I have compiled my favorite way to wear navy blue.



1. Pink. The combination of a lovely soft pink paired with the deepness of navy is both sweet and grown up. For a casual day at work, I love to pair a sweet pink painterly print blouse, an olive green jacket, and my navy denim skirt. For an easy weekend outfit, I paired a blush pink knotted tee with a hot pink lace camisole with my navy blue denim skirt, and a pair of tan buckle flats.





2. Black. Yes, I said black. You can mix your neutrals! Black and navy can and do go together. The trick is to make it look intentional. If you are not feeling bold enough to solid on solid, go for a black and white print, such as an animal print. Then anchor the black in the animal print with another accessory such as a jacket, scarf, belt or shoes. Since colder weather is just around the corner, I paired my navy denim skirt with a charcoal and black striped sweater with woven shimmery thread layered over mint lace camisole, and a pair of gray boots.



3. Coral. Navy and coral go together like peanut butter and jelly. It is fun, vibrant, and beachy. Coral and navy are great for casual wear. Recently, one of my favorite combinations has been to pair this coral tee with gold foil pineapples with my navy denim skirt, a denim head wrap, and chambray inspired flats.


Comments

Popular Posts