Nifty Neutrals: Cream

Cream is a subdued tone of white. Due to the subdued nature of cream, the brilliance of brights generally tends to clash. Whereas jewel tones work incredibly well with cream. Other tones and colors that work with cream are pastels, particular neutrals and prints.

1. Color. This sweet and soft hue of jewel tones and brights, is suited perfectly for cream. Color plays off the gentleness of cream, which also helps to soften the color tones paired with it.

Spring/Summer: For spring and summer, I paired this cream denim skirt with tropical teal. It is simple, causal, and put together. This tropical teal dolman tee and cream denim skirt look fantastic with a pair of beaded sandals and matching teal head wrap.




Fall/Winter: Pastels for winter are fun and are a sweet contrast to the bold colors associated with fall and winter. I went for a peaches and cream look with this outfit. I paired a peach sweater with a matching peach lace camisole. I added a peach, cream, and tan braided head wrap and silver sequin shoes to complete the look.






2. Neutrals. Most neutrals look great with cream. Some of the neutrals that I prefer with cream are light gray, black, and navy.

Spring/Summer: For warmer weather, I paired a gray knit blouse with cream. I accented the neutrals with a printed melon pink tank top and a tropical teal cardigan. I completed the outfit with a pair of giraffe print flats.





Fall/Winter: I kept this ensemble dark. Like with white, I love the concept of something dark on top with something lighter on the bottom. In this case, I paired a black knit blouse with a wine purple lace camisole. Then, I added a pair of giraffe print flats and a purple and teal plaid scarf. For much cooler weather, replace the flats with a pair of boots.





3. Prints. Prints of most any hue will look stellar with cream. Some of my favorites are navy floral print, polka dots, and pink painterly prints.

Spring/Summer: I had fun creating this spring to summer transitional outfit. I paired cream denim with a hot pink lace camisole, leopard print tee, denim jacket, and to complete the outfit a pink head wrap and tan flats.





Fall/Winter: I kept early fall in mind with this outfit. I paired a navy blue floral print blouse with cream denim, and black flats. I then finished the outfit with a pink head wrap and an olive green jacket.


Comments

Popular Posts