My Favorite Things

I wanted to deviate, for a moment, from my normal blog posts and put the spotlight on a few of my current favorite things. Some of these things are items have I have loved for quite some time, and others still are things I have recently discovered and have really gotten into. I love each of these items so much that I just had to share them with you.

1.Scrubs and Lotions. These are items that I have recently gotten into using and I am obsessed with them. I have normally stayed away from lotion as my skin is oily enough as it is, and I didn’t want to add to that, but this bath and body works body cream isn’t oily at all and has left my skin feeling super soft. I have also gotten into using sugar scrubs. I love how it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. I have used bath and body works scrubs, and I enjoy their aromatherapy scrubs. However, I have recently discovered a company called Fragrant Jewels, who also sell amazing scrubs.




2.Bath Bombs. I have also recently gotten into using bath bombs. I’ve seen them around at shops like Bath and Body Works and Ulta Beauty. I have recently made several purchases from Fragrant Jewels, who sell bath bombs too, for several bath bombs and I love them. While my bath doesn’t have a working drain stopper, bath bombs work just as well in the shower. I put mine into a bowl and set it at the end of the tub where I know that the shower spray will hit it. I still get the effect of the bath bomb.




3.Mermaid Mug. I am an avid coffee drinker and one of my favorite places to grab coffee is at Starbucks. I love the mugs they sell and from time to time I will purchase one for myself. I purchased this one in early December and I love it. It’s heavy, its multi seasonal. The fact that it is gold and covered in mermaid scales just adds to its appeal.




4.Books. I love books. That’s why I’m an assistant librarian. What I love to read will vary depending upon my mood. However, I have a few go to pieces of literature that are always on my go to list. 1. True Crime. I love a bit of true crime from old timey murders to cold cases and the occasional heist. I enjoy reading about it. 2. Russian Literature. I have a fondness for classic Russian Literature like War and Peace. It has the appeal of Alcott, Austen, and Bronte with the real grit of life. 3. Criptids. I like a bit of myth, especially if it involves tall tales of mysterious creatures. Moth Man anyone? 4. Epistolary Novels. There’s something raw and real about fiction written in diary and letter format that appeals to me. These books tend to dominate my bookshelves.




5.Bling. I stopped wearing jewelry a few years ago, but in recent weeks I’ve thought about wearing a tiny bit more of it. I didn’t want to go over the top like had done in the past, but I wanted something simple and classic with just enough pizzazz to suit my personality. I settled on statement rings. I have acquired a couple of statement rings via Amazon and Poshmark, but I have also acquired several through Fragrant Jewels, who place jewelry in their products.

Comments

Popular Posts