Bold Denim Skirts




My personality tends to be a bit extra. I love things that sparkle. I love things that stand out. I especially love to show case that in my clothing. While work place dress codes tend to place parameters on what I can and cannot wear to work, I still love being to show case my personality through blouses with funky prints, or wearing faux leather skirts to work. On my off days, or on Saturdays- which are my casual work wear days- I like to pull out all of the stops.
If you have followed my blog for any length of time you know that the staple of my wardrobe is denim, especially colored denim skirts. I literally have multiples of every hue and shade in the rainbow. Normally, I post and write about my embellished blouses- and I have no shortage of those- but I also have a decent handful of embellished denim skirts. Today I wanted to share these embellished skirts with you. Each of these skirts comes from the Seven Two Denim Company based out of Los Angeles, California. You can find theses skirts and more at www.seventwodenim.com.

1. The Iceland Denim Skirt. This skirt is a medium wash denim skirt streaked with silver paint on the front. You may remember this skirt from my Valetine's Day Post and my St. Patrick's Day Post. Of my embellished and bold denim skirts this one is the most subtle. It simple features the silver metallic paint.
A. The first outfit I created is on the dressier side. It features a jungle teal blouse over a dark green lace camisole. I kept with the green theme and added a pair of green/blue snake print flats, and an emerald green velvet clutch.



B. The second outfit I created with the Iceland skirt features a shamrock graphic tee, a mint gauze scarf, a cork board clutch, and a pair of gray tweed flats.





2. The Magical Galaxy Skirt. This skirt is a recent purchase. It's a black denim skirts peppered with mixture of clear rhinestones, copper stars, and silver stars. It's a beautiful display that is reminiscent of the night sky. Due to the copper color of much of the stars, it took some trial and error to find tops that worked with this skirt, but I discovered several blouses in my wardrobe that worked beautifully with this skirt. The two outfits I created here are my two favorites.
A. The first outfit is appropriate for work, when I'm feeling particularly bold and daring.I could see myself wearing this midweek like Wednesday or Thursday. It features a mauve tie neck blouse, and nude flats. It's simple but oh so elegant.



B. The second outfit I created with the Magical Galaxy Skirt is definitely more casual. It features a floral graphic tee, a burgundy faux suede jacket, red velvet flats, and a cork board clutch. It's casual, but great to wear out at night.



3. Mother of Pearl. I love this skirt. It's so causal but not your basic casual. The pearl embellishments on the light wash denim skirt elevate it. I featured this skirt in my previous post on St. Patrick's Day outfits as well. This skirt is simply just a lot of fun to style.
A. The first outfit features a beautiful yellow blouse with a cute raindrop print in shades of blue. I completed this outfit with a cream jacket and tan flats. This is the perfect Saturday at work outfit.



B. The second outfit is a bit of a modern take on bohemian. I paired a pale pink abstract print blouse with this skirt and added a pair of floral print flats, and a pink headband.



4. Night Fall Star. This is also a recent purchase. Like the Iceland skirt, the Night Fall Skirt is subtle. However, the all over gray shade star print makes it a little less subtle than the Iceland skirt. This skirt is incredibly easy to dress up and dress down.
A. The first outfit I created is on the dressier, mid week work attire, side. I paired my skirt with a teal lace yoke blouse layered over a dark blue lace camisole. I completed it with a pair of copper metallic flats and a wicker purse with leather detailing.




B. The second outfit is much more casual. It features a floral graphic tee, a red cardigan with metallic threading, and a pair of tan flats.




5. Pure Royalty Skirt. The name of this skirt alone lets you know that this skirt is above and beyond anything you'll ever see. This skirt is a gray wash denim skirt and studded with clear, gray, and orange rhinestones. At the bottom of one side are three large gold safety pin decorations. This skirt is amazing and purely powerful.
A. This first outfit is my favorite of all time. It features a black chiffon blouse with leather and gold hardware detailing at the shoulders. I completed the outfit with pair of rose gold flats and a black wicker clutch.




B. The second outfits is, once more, on the casual side. It features a cream floral graphic tee, and olive green jacket, and brown faux leather flats. The perfect outfit for running errands in.



6. Taste the Rainbow in Black. This skirt comes in three options: light wash denim, dark wash denim, and black. I opted for the black because I love the way the black denim makes the rainbow colored rhinestones pop.
A. The first outfit I wore a couple of weeks ago to church. It features a bight blue sweater, black velvet flats, and a blue/yellow clutch.



B. The second outfit, and the last one in this series, features a white chiffon blouse with white polka dots, a faux leather jacket, and black lace flats.



Comments

Popular Posts