Glamorize and Accessorize

The best part of getting dressed and just being a woman is adding a little something extra to our outfits that makes us feel pretty. It could a great hair accessory, or a simple beauty tip that takes your appearance up a notch. Like every woman out there I love adding a bit of glamour and some accessories to make my outfits stand out. Below are seven of my favorite ways to glamorize and accessorize.

1. Head Wraps. Garlands of Grace's head wraps have become a staple of my wardrobe and I have one in nearly every color. While I am I still research and discovering the Biblical reasons for wearing head wraps, I am currently enjoying them as a daily hair accessory. I love to take time to match them to my outfits. Sometimes I even build my outfits around a particular head wrap.




2. Scarves. As it is nearing the official start of summer, you might find it odd that I still wear scarves. While scarves are a primary accessory of my fall and winter wardrobe, I do have a few chiffon and very light weight spring and summer scarves. Like my head wraps I usually use them match with my outfit and other times I build my outfit around my scarf.





3. Shoes! What girl doesn't love a cute pair of shoes? Sometimes, all you need to feel great and make out outfit pop is a great pair of shoes.


(some of my favorite flats)

4. Shimmer. I love a little bit of shimmer in my wardrobe. Whether it is in a head wrap, scarf, shoes, or even in my clothing. I love my shimmer skirts and my shimmer dolman top. While casual these articles of clothing add just the right amount of sparkle to make my outfit stand out.



5. Sequins. Like shimmer, there is nothing quite like a great sequin embellished top or embellished shoes. Sequin embellished clothing are easily dressed up or down for any occasion. Although, I wasn't on board with the sequin trend at first, it is slowly growing on me.



(both of these outfits have it all: shimmer and sequins!)



6. Skirts with Sweep. Nothing makes me feel more glamorous than a long skirt with a wide sweep. What is sweep? It is simple the bottom circumference of your skirt. All of my favorite skirts have a sweep of at least 52 inches. The have the perfect amount of twirl and femininity that I am quickly drawn to.

(printed skirts)

(denim and khaki)

(black and gray denim)


7. Perfume and Scented Body Wash. There is no better accessory than smelling nice. Even if no one else knows that you are wearing perfume or that you have apple scented body wash, it does the wearer a world of good. I have found that I feel far more put together if I spritz myself with some perfume before I head out the door for work. I am a huge fan of bath and body works, and their season scents. Some of these scents I got a year ago and they still smell great.


These are rules for being glamorous or how to wear accessories. These are just my ways of adding pop and pizzazz to my wardrobe. How to do you accessorize? How do you glamorize?

Comments

Popular Posts