Nifty Neutrals: Gray

It feels like it has been forever since I last made a post. Between classroom changes, classroom redecorating, a new school year, and illness; life has been in the fast lane. Now that I am on the mend, and my work load has begun to even itself out, now is the perfect time to begin blogging again. I have missed this part of my life immensely and am over joyed to have time to create outfits and write.

Continuing with my thoughts on nifty neutrals, this post is all about gray. True gray. When it comes to neutral colors, gray is a gentle alternative to black. It is sweet, semi-professional, and pairs easily with any color. Like black, it transitions well between each season, however, it is not as harsh as black. Like black, gray transitions well between work and play. Since neutrals are easy to dress up and down, I chose to focus this post on three very distinctive ways that can work well at work or on the weekend: prints, brights, and jewel tones. With these three concepts your outfits will give you a wide array of options to choose from.


1. Prints. For work, I love a blouse with a neural background with a complimentary print. My favorite neutral to pair with gray is navy. When I want to mix things up a bit, I go for a rose pink painterly print blouse, and a soft pair of chambray inspired shoes.




2. Brights. A solid blouse in a vibrant pink paired with a soft aqua blue is one of my favorite outfits to wear to work and to job interviews. It is sweet, personable and professional. I love red mixed as a an accent color against a monochrome outfit. Likewise, I love baby duck yellow as a sweet compliment to gray.

#1: Monochrome redux with black and white polka dots, black booties and a bright red scarf.





#2: Simple compliments in yellow and gray, with silver sequin shoes.





3. Jewel tones. For work, I usually reach for a cranberry cowl neck sweater and a pair of black boots, especially during the winter months. When it comes to spring and summer, well, a wonderful sapphire blue short sleeve sweater is my go to piece. I then dress it up or down with a great pair of shoes.

I went with winter for this outfit inspiration. I paired gray denim with a cranberry long sleeve cowl neck sweater, a white vest, white shimmer scarf, and a pair of gray boots.

Comments

Popular Posts