Park Denim Skirt: A Review


As a “skirt girl” finding a denim skirt that is comfortable, wears well, and is modest is quite the feat. While, I am a huge fan of Jade Mackenzie Apparel and their colored denim skirts ( and will continue to be), I am always keeping an eye out for other companies that sell modest skirts. Recently I purchased several skirts from Junees.com a modest clothing company that focuses on tznuit- the Jewish practice of modesty. I had purchased from them several years ago, and decided to do so again. This time I purchased 5 of their park skirts in Rust, Dark Teal, Wine, Denim, and Dark Gray. In this review I am going to discuss fit, length, color, ease/difficultly of style, wearability, and price.

First off, I want to say that I am in love with these skirts. They are cute, incredibly comfortable and can be dressed up or down in a snap. Even though I spent a mint on these skirts, it was completely worth it. Here’s why:

Fit: The cut of the skirt in the waist band is smaller than most other companies. Under the “Park” denim skirt, they recommend that you size up in their summer colors. I sized up in their non-summer colors and was happy I did so. These skirts fit like a dream when I sized up- not too small not too large. Therefore, for their summer colors, I would highly recommend that you go two sizes up.

Length: Even though it says it is 25 inches, the length feels more like 26 to 27 inches; enough to cover the knees when standing and sitting. Perfect for keeping one looking modest and modern.

Color: the colors of the Park denim skirts are incredibly saturated. The saturation of the color in each skirt makes them all the more beautiful and easier to style. However, because they are so color saturated, I highly recommend that you wash the skirts on a delicate cycle and then line dry. Line drying will make the color and the skirt last longer. All of the colors are true to form, except for the dark teal. In truth the dark teal is more a deep emerald color. Please bear that in mind.

Rust: For this outfit, I paired this rust denim skirt with a saltwater blue blouse with a confetti print and a tan jacket. I completed the outfit with a pair of black flats and a charcoal head wrap.





Emerald (Dark Teal): I kept this outfit simple and sophisticated. I paired this emerald (dark teal that is) denim skirt with a black knit blouse, a pair of giraffe print flats and a copper headwrap.




Wine: I mixed prints in this outfit. First I paired this wine denim skirt with a charcoal knit blouse. I layered a black, white and gold metallic layering tank under the blouse. I paired it with some giraffe print flats and completed the look with a burgundy headwrap.




Charcoal (Dark Gray): This outfit is sweet, simple, and casual. I paired a navy and pink floral print blouse with this charcoal skirt and added a pair of tan pointed toe lace up flats. I completed the look with a soft pink headwrap that was similar in tone to the pink in the blouse.





Ease/Difficulty to style: Personally, I found that each skirt was fun and easy to style for work and play. This is especially the case for fall and winter. I have included a few of my favorite ways to style the rust, wine, dark teal, and dark gray.

Wearablility: The fabric content of the Park denim skirt is a cotton/spandex blend. This means that the skirts have a lot of give to them. This also makes the skirts light weight, difficult to wrinkle, and very very comfortable to wear.

Price: The price for each skirt is 38 dollars. Like I said a pretty penny. However, I find that the price is competitive with other companies and equal to the quality. You pay for what you get and you get excellent quality with the Park denim skirt. Therefore, I find the price to be quite reasonable.


If you are looking for a modest, excellent quality, denim or colored denim skirt then look no further than Junees.com. The quality and price of the skirt is hard to beat and you will not be disappointed with your purchase. The Park denim skirt will add interest, fun, and color to your wardrobe and can be easily worn to work or on a weekend getaway. The Park denim skirt is a wardrobe investment worth every cent.

Comments

Popular Posts