Nifty Neutrals: Chocolate Brown

Brown is a good neutral color, and is often overlooked. Yet, as a neutral chocolate brown is often over looked and set aside for colors like black or khaki. Chocolate Brown creates a rich and sophisticated back drop for professional and causal outfits throughout the year.


1. Patterns. Chocolate brown plays well with patterns like stripes (colored or neutral), plaid, animal, and autumn florals. It acts as a canvas that makes the pattern pop.

Option #1: For this outfit, I paired a chocolate brown denim skirt with a pink and dark rose floral print blouse, and a cranberry cardigan. I completed the look with a pair of burgundy mary janes and a cranberry head wrap.




Option #2: I decided to style chocolate brown with a pale saltwater blue blouse with a confetti print. I played off the coral accent in the confetti print by adding a pair of red-orange flats. I completed the outfit with a mocha brown head wrap.






2. Color Blocking. Since chocolate brown can function much like burgundy, it goes well with most fall and winter colors such as holly red, pumpkin spice, sunflower/ mustard, jade, deep teal, and royal blue.


Option #1: I paired a cognac brown top with my chocolate brown denim skirt. I completed the outfit by adding a burgundy plaid scarf, nutmeg brown head wrap, and a pair of brown boots.





Option #2: I styled my chocolate brown denim skirt with a forest green sweater. I accented the outfit with a silver lace camisole. I completed the outfit with a pair of brown high heeled boots and a forest green head wrap.





Option #3: For this outfit, I paired a rust red tee and pumpkin orange jacket with a chocolate brown denim skirt. I completed the outfit with a tan head wrap, plaid shimmer scarf, and giraffe print flats.






Option #4: In this next outfit, I styled chocolate brown with a peacock blue blouse and a rust red cocoon cardigan. I complete the look with a blue head wrap and silver sequin flats.





Option #5: for the last outfit, I went all tropical teal. I styled my chocolate brown denim skirt with a tropical teal dolman blouse and matching layering tank. I finished the outfit with a pair of beaded sandals.







3. Neutrals. Chocolate brown, as a unique color, works well with neutrals such as white, cream, gold, olive, navy, black, and taupe.


Option #1: I kept the neutrals soft by styling a cream blouse with the rich chocolate brown. I added an light olive green jacket. For a pop of color I added a coral head wrap and red-orange flats.





Option #2: I played up blue in this outfit. I went for a short sleeve navy blue sweater and accented with a light blue lace camisole. I completed the outfit with a copper shimmer head wrap and a pair of silver sequin shoes.






4. Accents. Terra cotta, rose pink, silver, and cranberry are great for accenting your chocolate brown skirt when it is paired with other colors, neutrals and patterns.

Option #1: In this outfit, I paired my chocolate denim skirt with a short sleeve navy blue sweater. I accented with a terra cotta orange lace camisole. I then completed the outfit with a nutmeg brown head wrap and giraffe print flats.





Option #2: In this final outfit, I combined several elements. First I styled my chocolate brown denim skirt with a black and white cheetah print tee. I then accented the black, white, and brown with a deep burgundy lace camisole. The outfit is complete with a pair of black flats and a burgundy head wrap.




Comments

Popular Posts